Survival Psychology – How to recognise it, manage it and not let it hijack you!
Webinar: January 24 2023
14.00 – 15.00 UK time
This session will cover the following:
- Where Survival Psychology originates from.
- Why it can be so dominant and hijack us as a leader or business person.
- 5 key ways in which survival thinking can impact us.
- Imposter Syndrome – which will make us lose confidence and not make the most of great opportunities!
- Defensive Mindset – where we take things too personally and don’t grow from mistakes and challenges.
- Negative thinking and self-talk – which can keep us in a doubtful and negative spiral.
- The damage done by Ego – both to ourselves and other people around us.
- Tribal Behaviour – the dangers of silo, us & them and breakaway tribal behaviour in organisations.
We will look at all 5 areas but also cover the fact that these are all symptomatic of the root cause - Survival Psychology and the challenge of ‘not feeling good enough’ in many areas of our lives.
The session will cover real life examples and challenges, with application within the specific industry.
You will go away with tools to use in all 5 areas to significantly reduce the impact.
Speaker: Tony Brooks, Leadership Psychologist, Coach, Author
Convenor: An-hwa Lee, Sr. Director, Basis Health and LDC Member
About Tony Brooks
Tony Brooks is an experienced Leadership Psychologist, Coach, Author and recognised as an inspiring and impactful Speaker on Leadership Mindset and Survival Psychology.
Throughout his continuing work on himself, his psychological studies and his experiences with 1000s of leaders, Tony has come to one very important conclusion: He believes the number one difficulty leaders face is their own thinking and the underlying challenge of not feeling good enough resulting.
Register for this event here - https://www.ephmra.org/events/29